Customer Experience Challenges 2021
In the highly competitive telecommunications industry, customer satisfaction resulting from their positive experiences is a key factor in building and maintaining a competitive advantage. According to the Harvard Business Review, loyalty leaders grow revenues roughly 2.5 times as fast as their industry peers.
So how to adapt to the changing needs of customers and how to properly take care of them?
The first rule of building a positive experience is that the client perceives the company as a whole and expects a coherent experience at all stages of its journey. A customer’s satisfaction may suffer in a situation where contracts are concluded quickly and professionally, though delivery and provisioning then fails. They will evaluate the company through the prism of all of their interactions with the supplier and give a positive or negative evaluation.
Therefore, the greatest challenge for telecommunications companies is to ensure consistency of customer service at all stages of contact with the company, from acquisition to retain and grow, regardless of the specificity of the industry they represent, eg Wholesale Telecom, Wholesale FTTH Access or B2B Telecom.
Regardless of the telecom segment a typical customer journey in the include:
– Lead Generation – usually 1st touch momentum when communicating with prospective customers. Even at the very beginning of the customer journey, telcos can use specialized software tools that are designed to develop a customer segmentation strategy, helping them to communicate effectively with different groups of customers,
– Request to Order – the stage usually covers the sales phase – efficiency is vital and fundamental to business growth. If your sales process lasts weeks or if making basic quotes is complex, operators easily lose a key competitive advantage.
– Order Management – customers really appreciate a reliable, timely and consistent delivery of their services. Therefore, flawless order management is critical for a long-lasting relationship.
– Revenue Management – Telecom operations are vulnerable to technical and human errors which impact the quality of the service level agreement and therefore the relationship between operators and their partners. You can not avoid all failures, but you can find a balance between customer and business acumen.
– Retain and Grow – customers like to receive fast and effective customer service, characterised by deep personalisation no matter where they are and what they are doing.
However, depending on the specifics of the operator, the challenges, problems and the need to improve processes differ slightly. We’ll cover them in detail in upcoming articles on our Enxoo blog.
The Walker study found that CX specialists should pay attention to the three basic elements which customers expect: personalization, ease of use and speed. Therefore, investment in data driven decision processes, analytics and technology stacks to meet the challenge become a priority in building a long term competitive advantage. The pace of business continues to increase and time is of the essence. That’s why telecom services’ customers value companies that provide them with real-time responses and are able to proactively anticipate their future needs.
At Enxoo, we believe telecom operators must build a foundation of business systems and processes that allows them to continuously transform their businesses so they can more easily adapt to future changes and fully meet customer needs. A Zero-Touch approach, meaning the full automation of operations, can help operators to turn the above trends into reality.
Grow your business with Enxoo
Enxoo can help you to enhance the customer experience, increase productivity and operational efficiency by offering effective solutions and support on your business transformation journey. We are a team of experts in Digital Transformation, Automation and OSS/BSS. We can advise you on how to realize your vision, making sure all systems and processes are in the right place so you can interact with your customers and other carriers in the best possible way.