SD-WAN Opportunity for the FTTH Market: MEF 3.0 PoC Program
In times when changes are coming so quickly, flexibility and speed are essential to survive in a competitive environment like the FTTH carrier market.
The rapid growth of the SD-WAN managed services market is driving a sharp increase in demand by service providers for residential Internet access, and Fiber to the Home (FTTH)-based access services specifically.
The interaction between wholesale Fiber To The Home (FTTH) operators and their service provider partners can generate thousands, or even millions, of events per day. Therefore, automation, open API and smooth operations are the foundation of future success. They allow them to achieve such flexibility and to enable them to act quickly to the changing environment.
As part of MEF 3.0 PoC (134), Enxoo automated inter-provider commerce and business by implementing for his client – Nexera, PoS Frictionless FTTx Access Commerce, based on MEF’s standardized LSO Sonata APIs.
The tasks performed under PoS included:
– Assessment of business processes, Decomposition of workflows,
– Identification of API messages,
– Embedding the LSO Sonata APIs in specific business processes (flow definition),
– Design of final confirmation with the customer, and
– Technical implementation of the LSO Sonata APIs (Geographic Address Mngt, Notifications, Product Ordering API).
If you want to discover benefits from the API, which Nexera’s partners can already reap, read the full version of the article on the MEF pages.️Read now